Standards calibration — Dimensions
Tape measures and test objects used by Measurement Canada inspectors to inspect multiple dimensional measuring devices (MDMDs) are verified for use in the field.
- Test objects used to inspect MDMDs are measured using instruments traceable to the National Research Council (NRC).
- Tape measures are verified to meet the tolerances described in Schedule V and/or VI.
- Measurement Canada's Approval and Calibration Services Laboratory (ACSL) verifies the results and issues a calibration certificate when applicable.
- Conditions under which standards or test objects are verified vary and are listed on individual calibration certificates.
- Test objects and tape measures are sent to a third party for initial assessment.
- The results are verified by the ACSL in Ottawa, which also issues the calibration certificate.
Only standards and test objects used by Measurement Canada inspectors are eligible for this service.
Request calibration services
To request calibration services, complete the Calibration Services Request (CSR) form. A form must be completed for each standard or test object.
You may wish to notify the mass laboratory of when it can expect to receive your standard or test object in order to help expedite the calibration process.
Issues have been reported with the use of Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. If you are using these browsers, the form can still be downloaded by saving it to your computer.
In Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, once you open the PDF, the download button is located in the upper right corner.
Applicants are responsible for shipping arrangements and charges.
A completed copy of the Calibration services request (CSR) form must accompany each standard or test object. Ensure that an active/valid shipping account number for return shipping is identified on the form.
Standards and test objects are to be sent to:
Measurement Canada, ACSL
151 Tunney's Pasture Driveway
Packages not meeting the requirements listed below may not be accepted.
- Standards must be in a reusable container.
- Containers must not be sealed with nails. Crates or boxes with a hinged door or cover fastened with screws are acceptable.
- Provisions for re-packaging and the return of standards or test objects must be made before delivery. See Return of standards for more details.
Return of standards
Arrangements for the return of your standards are your responsibility. However, arrangements can also be made with Measurement Canada provided that an account number and waybill are provided in advance.
- Date modified: