United States/Canada Mutual Recognition Arrangement
You must have your device evaluated and approved in both the United States and in Canada if you are going to market and sell your device in both countries. Apply to have your device recognized under the United States/Canada Mutual Recognition Arrangement to reduce overlap in the device evaluation and approval process.
The following devices are eligible to be recognized under the program:
- gasoline and diesel dispensers
- high-speed dispensers
- gasoline and diesel meters (used in fuel dispensers and truck refuellers only)
- electronic computing and non-computing bench and floor scales with a capacity up to 1000 kg (2000 lb)
- weighing and load receiving elements with a capacity of up to 1000 kg (2000 lb)
- electronic indicators for scales (except those that are software based)
- mechanical scales with a capacity of up to 10 000 kg (20 000 lb)
Check the box on the type approval application form and submit the application form with your application for type approval.
- Application for US/Canada Mutual Recognition Arrangement for Scale
- US/Canada Mutual Recognition Arrangement for Retail Motor-Fuel Dispenser
International Organization of Legal Metrology Mutual Acceptance Arrangement
The International Organization of Legal Metrology (OIML) Mutual Acceptance Arrangement (MAA) enables your device's test results from another participating country to be recognized in Canada.
You are eligible to apply if you have a valid OIML MAA certificate for your device that is:
- within the scope of the MAA issuing participant
- listed in the Declaration of Mutual Confidence for OIML R76
We only accept results of tests conducted by the issuing participants themselves under this arrangement.
Check the program box on the type approval application form and submit your valid OIML MAA certificate with your application for type approval. We may still ask you to submit your device to us for evaluation of metrological features and functions after we have received your application for type approval.
- Date modified: