M-11—Inspection and certification of railway track scales for In-motion weighing
Document(s): W&M Regulations, section 189-191; SGM 4
1. The purpose of this bulletin is to outline policy with regard to the administration of the new requirements on railway track scales for in-motion weighing.
2. Railway Track Scales for In-Motion Weighing Specifications, hereafter called Specifications, as well as revised sections 189 to 191 of the Weights and Measures Regulations are now in force.
3. Devices or models of devices approved before the enactment of the Specifications will not need to be modified to comply with the new requirements for design, composition and construction.
4. Devices installed before the enactment of the Specifications will not have to be re-installed to comply with the new installation requirements. However, if, for some reason, the owner of the scale reinstalls the track scale, i.e., repairs the pit or the approach rail foundation, the new installation shall comply with the Specifications.
5. Limits of error prescribed by sections 189 to 191 of the Weights and Measures Regulations will apply to any railway track scale for in-motion weighing even if it was installed before the enactment of the Specifications.
- Date modified: