The Oral Board of Examination
- The deadline for 2021 applications for a Trustee Licence is February 19, 2021.
- The final Oral Board of Examination for 2021 candidates will take place on May 20, 2021.
The Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy (OSB) is responsible for the Oral Board of Examination process. Candidates who have completed the prerequisites will be invited to apply for a Trustee Licence using the OSB Licence Administration Application (OLAA). Once the candidate's application is complete and submitted, they will be invited to attend the oral boards. The email invitation to apply for a Trustee Licence will contain a link to OLAA with instructions on how to complete the application for Trustee Licence electronically.
If you have previously participated in an oral board but did not receive a licence, you will receive an email invitation to reapply for a licence online. If you do not receive an invitation by the end of January 2021, you are asked to email OSB Licensing.
The following information is provided to assist candidates in planning and preparing for the Oral Boards of Examination.
- How the Oral Board of Examination Works
- Preparation for the Oral Board of Examination
- Administrative Information on the Oral Board of Examination
- Policy on Recording the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy’s Oral Examinations
- Competencies to be Evaluated
- Obtaining Feedback on the Oral Board of Examination / Requesting a Review of a Licensing Decision
- 2020 Oral Board of Examination Results
All candidates who have received an invitation to attend the oral boards will be invited to participate in a teleconference in which an OSB representative will answer any questions candidates have.
The OSB will provide candidates with trustee licensing decisions within 90 days following the completion of the final Oral Board of Examination.
By April 1, 2021, all departments and agencies are required by the Treasury Board to establish a remission policy for all fees subject to service standards to fulfill their obligations under Section 7 of the Service Fees Act. This requirement applies to fees payable for Trustee Licence Renewals as well as for Individual Licence Applications so that when the relevant service standard is not met, a portion of the fee will be remitted to the fee payer according to the ISED Remission Policy and the OSB’s Program Annex.
If you have questions, please communicate with:
- Date modified: