Form 49—Notice to Creditors of Consumer Proposal (Paragraph 66.14(b) of the Act)
For persons to which the 2009 amendments do not apply
(Paragraph 66.14(b) of the Act)
(Title Form 1)
Take notice that:
- , a consumer debtor, made a consumer proposal under section 66.13 of the Act on the and a copy of it was filed with the official receiver by me, , the administrator of the consumer proposal, on the .
- Attached to this notice are the following documents:
- a copy of the consumer proposal;
- a copy of my report on the consumer proposal that was filed with the official receiver on the day of , ; and
- a form of proof of claim.
- As the administrator of the consumer proposal, I will be required to call a meeting of creditors only if, pursuant to section 66.15 of the Act:
- I am directed to do so by the official receiver within the 45-day period after the filing of the consumer proposal; or
- at the expiration of the 45-day period after the filing of the consumer proposal, creditors having in the aggregate at least 25 per cent in value of the proven claims have so requested.
- A creditor who has proved a claim and who indicates dissent from the consumer proposal to me before the expiration of the 45-day period after the filing of the consumer proposal shall be deemed to have requested a meeting of creditors.
- If, within that 45-day period, I am not required to call a meeting of creditors, the consumer proposal shall, by virtue of subsection 66.18(1) of the Act, be deemed to have been accepted by the creditors.
- In the event that the consumer proposal has been accepted or is deemed to have been accepted by the creditors, I will apply to the court to review the consumer proposal only if pursuant to section 66.22 of the Act, I am requested to do so by the official receiver or any other interested party within 15 days after the day of acceptance or deemed acceptance of the consumer proposal.
- If within that 15 day period mentioned at paragraph 6 I am not requested to apply to the court to review the consumer proposal, the consumer proposal is deemed to be approved by the court.
Dated at , this day of .
Administrator of Consumer Proposal
If a copy of this Form is sent electronically by means such as email, the name and contact information of the sender, prescribed in Form 1.1, must be added at the end of the document.
This form may not be completed online. It is provided here for reference purposes only.
The HTML version of this Form is not the official version. In the event of an inconsistency between the HTML and PDF versions of this Form, the PDF version prevails. Users are required to exercise due diligence with respect to the HTML version.
- Date modified: