Form 55—Certificate of Assignment
For persons to which the 2009 amendments apply
(Paragraph 66.3(5)(c) of the Act)
In the Matter of the Bankruptcy of:
Licensed Insolvency Trustee
Date of bankruptcy:
Meeting of creditors:
certificate of assignment – Paragraph 66.3(5)(c) of the Act
I, the undersigned, official receiver in and for this bankruptcy district, do hereby certify that:
- –the aforenamed debtor was declared bankrupt and subsequently filed a consumer proposal under section 66 of the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act ;
- –the said consumer proposal, although accepted and approved or deemed accepted and deemed approved, has been annulled by order of the Court and the debtor is thereupon deemed to have made an assignment.
The said trustee is required:
- –to provide to me, without delay, security in the aforementioned amount;
- –to send to all creditors, within five days after the date of the trustee's appointment, a notice of the bankruptcy; and
- –when applicable, to call in the prescribed manner a first meeting of creditors, to be held at the aforementioned time and place or at any other time and place that may be later requested by the official receiver.
If a copy of this Form is sent electronically by means such as email, the name and contact information of the sender, prescribed in Form 1.1, must be added at the end of the document.
This form may not be completed online. It is provided here for reference purposes only.
The HTML version of this Form is not the official version. In the event of an inconsistency between the HTML and PDF versions of this Form, the PDF version prevails. Users are required to exercise due diligence with respect to the HTML version.
- Date modified: