Form 26—Questions to be put to the Bankrupt/Debtor or Officer of the Corporation (or Designated Person) by the Official Receiver
For persons to which the 2009 amendments apply
(Sections 159 and 161 of the Act)
Instructions to the Official Receiver:
A series of questions are to be put to the person examined by the official receiver under sections 159 or 161 of the Act. Questions to a like effect and other questions are to be put to the person examined by the official receiver. The official receiver shall extract from the examination the maximum of essential information and determine as nearly as possible the true cause of insolvency, the disposition of property and the conduct of the bankrupt/debtor. When applicable, the bankrupt's (or the bankrupt corporation's) books, statements, etc. should be available to the official receiver for reference or for the purpose of a more detailed examination of any phase of the bankrupt's (or corporation's) business or conduct that the official receiver may deem warranted.
The questions could include, but are not limited to, the following:
- What is you full legal name, by what other names are you known, and what is your date of birth?
- Provide address.
- Where and under what name did you carry on business?
- Have you, within 12 months before the date of the initial bankruptcy event, sold, given away or disposed of any assets? (if applicable) If so, give particulars.
- Which bank or financial institutions do you use for banking?
- Have you been bankrupt before, or made a proposal to your creditors?
- What do you believe are the causes of your bankruptcy?
- When did you first become aware of your insolvency?
Note to Official Receiver
All questions put by the official receiver and answers to them should be recorded on a sheet to be attached to this form.
I, , of the of in the Province of , do swear (or solemnly declare) that, to the best of my knowledge, the above answers are true in every respect. I understand this examination is being adjourned sine die and may be continued at a later date if necessary.
Sworn (or Solemnly Declared)
before me at (city, town or village),
in the Province of ,
on this day of .
Official Receiver for Bankruptcy
Division No. of the
Bankruptcy District of
This form may not be completed online. It is provided here for reference purposes only.
The HTML version of this Form is not the official version. In the event of an inconsistency between the HTML and PDF versions of this Form, the PDF version prevails. Users are required to exercise due diligence with respect to the HTML version.
- Date modified: