The Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy's ("OSB") electronic filing service (the "E-Filing Service") allows Licensed Insolvency Trustees (LITs) to file electronically the insolvency documents relating to summary or ordinary administration and proposals under Division I of the BIA and administrators of consumer proposals ("Administrators") to file electronically the insolvency documents relating to consumer proposals. This includes all insolvency documents related to the above administrations that must normally be filed in accordance with the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act, R.S.C., 1985, c. B-3 ("BIA"), Rules and Directives. As a condition of using the E-Filing Service, you must read and agree to the terms and conditions set out below.
- Obligations of the LIT or Administrator. You acknowledge and agree that, as a condition of use of the E-Filing Service, you:
- (a) shall retain in the appropriate file all LIT or Administrator-generated documents including signed paper copies of all electronic documents which are e-filed with the OSB;
- (b) shall ensure that all LIT or Administrator-generated documents are signed by the appropriate person, as required under the BIA;
- (c) assume responsibility for all persons who submit e-file documents on behalf of the LIT or Administrator and maintain an accurate and up-to-date list of the registered users who are permitted to e-file on your behalf;
- (d) shall use the system in a responsible manner and will follow the instructions directed to E-Filing Service users by the OSB and its representatives.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The OSB does not warrant or represent that it will provide continuous access to the E-Filing Service and you acknowledge that the E-Filing Service may be interrupted from time to time for reasons of system maintenance or otherwise.
- Term, Amendment, Termination and Revocation of E-Filing Service
- Date modified: