Form 67—Notice of Bankruptcy and First Meeting of Creditors
For persons to which the 2009 amendments do not apply
(Subsection 102(1) of the Act)
(Title Form 1)
Take notice that:
- (name of bankrupt) filed (or was deemed to have filed) an assignment (or A bankruptcy order was made against (name of bankrupt)) on the day of , and the undersigned, (name of trustee), was appointed as trustee of the estate of the bankrupt by the official receiver (or the court), subject to affirmation by the creditors of the trustee's appointment or substitution of another trustee by the creditors.
- The first meeting of creditors of the bankrupt will be held on (date), at (time) at the office of (meeting office), at (address of meeting office).
- To be entitled to vote at the meeting, a creditor must lodge with the trustee, before the meeting, a proof of claim and, where necessary, a proxy.
- Enclosed with this notice is a form of proof of claim, a form of proxy, and a list of creditors with claims amounting to 25 dollars or more, showing the amounts of their claims.
- Creditors must prove their claims against the estate of the bankrupt in order to share in any distribution of the proceeds realized from the estate.
(Where the bankrupt is an individual, include paragraph 6.)
- Included pursuant to paragraph 102(3)(a) of the Act, is information concerning the financial situation of the bankrupt and the obligation of the bankrupt to make payments to the estate of the bankrupt, as required under section 68 of the Act.
Dated at , this day of .
If a copy of this Notice is sent electronically by means such as email, the name and contact information of the sender, prescribed in Form 1.1, must be added at the end of the document.
This form may not be completed online. It is provided here for reference purposes only.
The HTML version of this Form is not the official version. In the event of an inconsistency between the HTML and PDF versions of this Form, the PDF version prevails. Users are required to exercise due diligence with respect to the HTML version.
- Date modified: