Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats on the "Contact Us" page.
Year: 2006 – Province: Ontario
Certificate of Achievement Recipient
School: École secondaire
catholique de Hearst
30, 10ieme rue
Principal: Agathe Côté
School Telephone: 705-362-4283
School Fax: 705-362-5005
School Website: www.eshtech.com
Grades/Subjects Taught: Grade 10-12, Robotics, Information Technology
- From 1992 to 2000, Mr. Blouin's students have won several gold medals at the Skills Canada competitions, including three straight national titles.
- Mr. Blouin's school, due to his hard work and creativity, became the first school in the community to offer a robotics program for all ages.
- Mr. Blouin has attended many workshops, including four Ministry of Education workshops in Ontario to teach colleagues about his robotics curriculum.
- In 2002, Mr. Blouin was invited to help improve the science and technology programs in Ontario universities. Since 2005, he has been the Chair of the technology committee at the College Boreal in Hearst.
- Uses ICT in the classroom to illustrate and reinforce teaching methods.
- Teaches a unit "Robotics," where students built and create their own robots and participate in Skills Canada competitions.
- Emphasizes an electronic classroom, where every student is encouraged to explore the world of information. He suggests that students apply ICT to every subject and every project they do.
- Invites students to work in groups and teams for projects, to develop team spirit and maintain positive communication.
- Runs and maintains a web page where past students can post and discuss topics with current students to promote outreach within the community.
"Mr. Blouin is a man that recognizes the undeniable value of information technology and communications in our classrooms and assumes a leadership role to teach the curriculum not only in our classrooms, but also in our communities." - Nominator
"Mr. Blouin is an excellent candidate no matter what prize he is nominated for. He allows his students to develop in many ways, including: creativity, organization, attitude, security and leadership. He is, without hesitation, the best teacher I have ever had. He is fair with his students and he helps them to become better future employees, which helps them with the skills they need to become successful members of society." - Student
"His office doors are always open to students who need help. Even if he is very busy, he gives of his own time to students who need to talk, or who need explanations regarding class material. His students always feel at ease to ask him any question at any time. Mr. Blouin is always enthusiastic to give his support or to provide guidance on any project. He is even willing to give classroom and computer access after hours for students who need to finish their work." - Student