A type approval is granted for a particular class, type or design of measuring device once it has been confirmed that the class, type or design complies with all applicable legal requirements.
Obtaining a Type Approval
Submit the following:
- technical documentation describing the design, composition, construction and performance of the device,
- user manuals describing the installation and use of the device,
- test results showing the device complies with applicable requirements,
- a completed approval request form, and
- all shipping documentation as described in the Shipping Requirements.
Do not ship your device to Measurement Canada until requested to do so.
Obtaining a Copy of a Notice of Approval
To obtain a copy of a Notice of Approval:
Types of Approval Documents
Notice of Approval
A legal confirmation that a measuring device meets applicable regulatory requirements and can be used for trade measurement in Canada.
Modification Approval Letter
A non-metrological change made to an existing Notice of Approval.
Notice of Approval Revision
A minor metrological change made to an existing Notice of Approval.
- Date modified: