Instructions for completing Form 6 – Changes Regarding Directors
You are providing information required by the CBCA. Note that both the CBCA and the Privacy Act allow this information to be disclosed to the public. It will be stored in personal information bank number IC/PPU-049.
Item 1 - Corporate name
Provide the name of your corporation as indicated in the articles of the corporation.
Item 2 - Corporation number
Indicate the corporation number. You will find the corporation number on your certificate of incorporation, amalgamation or continuance. You can also find it using the Corporations Canada online database.
Item 3 - The following individuals are new members of the board of directors
Directors must provide either a residential address or an address for service that is not their residential address. An address for service is an address where legal documents must be accepted by the director or someone on the director’s behalf.
The names and addresses of directors, even if the address of a director is also a residential address, are corporate information that is public (see Public disclosure of corporate information) and will be published in the Corporations Canada online database.
Indicate the first and last name, as well as the address, of each member of the board of directors, including the date when the individual became a director.
- The address cannot be a post office box.
- The number of directors must correspond with the minimum and maximum number, or fixed number, of directors indicated in the articles of the corporation.
- At least 25 percent of the directors must be resident Canadians. However, some exceptions apply:
- If the corporation has fewer than four directors, at least one of them must be a resident Canadian.
- If the corporation is required by a federal act or regulations to meet specific requirements respecting Canadian participation or control (for example, corporations carrying on air transportation or telecommunications businesses), a majority (50 percent plus 1) of its directors must be resident Canadians
Item 4 - The following individuals are no longer members of the board of directors
A director of a corporation ceases to hold office when the director:
- is removed by the shareholders
- becomes disqualified.
Indicate the first and last names of the director as well as the date when the individual ceased to be a director.
Item 5 - Change of address of a director
Indicate the first and last names of the director, as well as the new residential address or other address for service.
Item 6 - Declaration
This form must be signed by an individual who has relevant knowledge of the corporation and who is authorized by the directors. This includes:
- a director of the corporation
- an authorized officer of the corporation
- an authorized agent.
Please print the name and indicate the telephone number of the signatory.
- Date modified: