Continuance (export) – Legislation pre-approved by Corporations Canada under the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act
In pre-approving the following legislation, Corporations Canada recognizes that the legislation includes provisions for the continuance from a Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act (NFP Act) corporation, and contains rights for members and creditors similar to the NFP Act provisions.
When applying for a Letter of Satisfaction in order to continue under a pre-approved legislation, the corporation is not required to provide a copy of the importing legislation, a statement of a director or an authorized officer, and a legal opinion.
Legislation pre-approved by Corporations Canada under the NFP Act
- Alberta – Societies Act
- British Columbia – Societies Act
- Manitoba – The Corporations Act
- Saskatchewan – The Non-profit Corporations Act
- New Brunswick – Companies Act
- Newfoundland and Labrador – Corporations Act
- Ontario – Not-for-Profit Corporations Act, 2010
- Date modified: