Request for Copies of Corporate DocumentsReader Rating: 5.00
Different types of corporate documents are filed with Corporations Canada under the laws it administers, including:
- charter documents, such as certificates of incorporation with articles of incorporation attached and letters patent
- amendments to articles or letters patent
- notices of change of directors or list of directors
- notices of registered office address
- by-laws of not-for-profit corporations.
These documents are filed under the following laws:
- the Canada Business Corporations Act (CBCA)
- the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act (NFP Act)
- the Canada Cooperatives Act (Coop Act).
How do I obtain a copy of a document?
To obtain a copy of documents, send a request by email, fax or mail to Corporations Canada. Indicate the following information in your request:
- corporate name and corporation number
- whether you want the copies to be certified
- the document you want a copy of, such as articles of amendment or incorporation, annual return for a specific year
- your name and phone number
- how you want the documents sent to you (options: email, fax or mail)
- the fee
What are the fees?
The fees for copies under the CBCA, NFP Act and Coop Act are:
- uncertified copies - $1.00 per page
- certified copies - $35.00 per document
|Method of Receipt||Method of Payment|
|By email||Pay by credit card only: American Express, MasterCard or Visa|
|By fax||Pay by credit card only: American Express, MasterCard or Visa|
|By mail||Pay by:
Rate this page
The content of this page was useful to me.
- Date modified: