Request copies of corporate documents
Different types of corporate documents, shown below, are filed with Corporations Canada in accordance with the laws it administers.
- Charter documents, such as letters patent and certificates of incorporation attached to the articles of incorporation
- Amendments to articles or letters patent
- Notice of change of directors or list of directors
- Notice of registered office address
- By-laws of not-for-profit corporations
These documents are filed under the laws below.
- Canada Business Corporations Act (CBCA)
- Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act (NFP Act)
- Canada Cooperatives Act (Coop Act)
- Canada Corporations Act, Part II (CCA-II)
To obtain copies of documents, Contact us. Include the following information in your request:
- the corporate name and corporation number
- the type of copy (certified or uncertified)
- the type of document (for ex., the articles of amendment or incorporation, or the annual return for a specific year)
- your name and phone number (other contact information is optional)
- the method of receipt (email, fax or mail)
- the fee.
The fees for copies under the CBCA, NFP Act and Coop Act are:
- $1.00 per page (uncertified copies)
- $35.00 per document (certified copies).
The fees for copies under the CCA-II are:
- $1 per document if in excess of 9 documents (uncertified copies)
- $10 per document (certified copies).
Methods of payment
If you make your request for copies by mail, you can pay by:
- credit card (American Express, MasterCard or Visa) or
- cheque (payable to the Receiver General for Canada).
If you make your request for copies by fax, you can pay by:
- credit card (American Express, MasterCard or Visa).
- Date modified: